Mar 9, 2011

DUNE ADVENTURE IN OUR FRONT YARD!

Our friends and fellow cartoonists, Joe Quinones & 
Maris Wicks, came to visit us on the coast.  I dragged 
them out in the rain to traverse the dunes that separate 
our lake from the ocean.  Laura was smart enough to 
stay home and make her delicious stew and Jello cake
for us.  Thick mist hid my usual landmarks that would 
lead us to the "tree tunnel".  There is a thick wall of 
forest right before you get to the beach.  The Parks
Department has carved out a tunnel that is very hard to 
find.  If you miss it, you wont be reaching the beach.
Well, you'll see we found it, but it was flooded.  Some 
chilly wading was required.  I was happy to discover 
that some walking bridges were just added to get us
out of the deeper parts of the flooded trail.  Good times!
Check out their art blogs: http://joequinones.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Man, that looks like a lot of fun!

    I dig that tree tunnel the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I correct in saying, that I do believe these photos look like the locations used in Astroesque?

    I love the otherworldliness of those huge sand dunes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, you brought your shorts but not your stillsuits!!??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great place to live.

    ReplyDelete